ROASTED MIXED PUMPKINS
Recipe by Dorah Sitole
Featured in Episode 10 of The Insider SA, seasoned chef Dorah Sitole dishes up the perfect side with this rich, roasted pumpkin recipe.
- 500g white pumpkin, cut into 3cm wedges
- 500g Hubbard squash, cut into 3cm wedges
- 500g butternut, halved and cut into 2cm slices
- 65ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) finely shredded fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the combined pumpkins in a roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over pumpkin and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
Combine pistachios, spring onions and parsley in a bowl. Sprinkle over pumpkin and toss to combine. Serve warm as a side dish.
Tip: Use any type of pumpkin that is in season and available at your green grocers.