SPATCHCOCK CHICKEN ROAST WITH VEGETABLES BY CHEF LINDA MNIKATHI
Try this scrumptious spatchcock chicken with roasted vegetables, as made by Chef Linda Mnikathi on our Urban Living episode.
Serves: 8 PAX
PREP time : 15m
Cooking time : 30m or until the chicken releases clear juices and is gold and brown.
Total Time: 1hour 30m
- 1 whole chicken spatchcock
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 whole fresh lemon slices
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Few garlic bulbs hard pressed
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken Cajun spice
- ½ dried origano
- 1 whole red onion chunks
- 200g okra
- 200g baby eggplant
- 200g baby Sweetcorn
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Whisk all the spices with olive oil and rub the chicken using your hands. Transfer to the roasting pan lined with foil. Foil helps the chicken not to stick on the pan and also with cleaning.
- Roast in the oven for 30m or until the chicken is golden brown and clear juices are coming out. Baste the chicken every after 10m to keep it moist and not dry.
- In another roasting pan add the vegetables, drizzle with olive and pinch salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 15m.
- You can make the jus or gravy from the juices in the roasting pan released by the chicken.
- Simply transfer to the saucepan on low heat, add half a cup of dry white wine. Correct the seasoning let it simmer until reduced.
- Serve with couscous, vegetables and your spatchcock.