VEGAN CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE
Making delicious meat-free meals, made simple with Fry’s. Try this vegan chocolate lava cake recipe as made by gaming duo Grant Hinds and Ambel Barnard on Episode 23 of The Insider SA.
4 Tablespoons of cocoa nut butter
1 Teaspoon vanilla essence
4 Tablespoon of soy yoghurt
6 Tablespoons of flour (can be gluten free)
1 teaspoon baking powder
50g Dark vegan chocolate
Powdered sugar to decorate
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a bowl, smash the bananas until smooth.
3. Add the nut butter, vanilla essence and yoghurt and mix until well combined.
*If you don’t have cocoa nut butter, use what you have and add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients
4. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
5. Divide the mixture into two ramekins (or one larger dish)
6. Push in 3-4 squares of chocolate in to centre.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Serve while warm and dust over a little powdered sugar.