Making delicious meat-free meals, made simple with Fry’s. Try this teriyaki chik’n recipe as made by gaming duo Grant Hinds and Ambel Barnard on Episode 23 of The Insider SA.
380g Fry’s Chicken Style Strips
1 Cup soy sauce
1 Cup water
2 Cloves of garlic finely minced
2 Tablespoons of finely minced ginger
1-2 Tablespoons maple syrup
2-3 Tablespoons of sesame seeds
1 Tablespoon of flour or cornstarch to thicken
1 Cup of jasmine rice
200g Greens of choice – mange tout or broccoli
Spring onion for garnishing
1. Prepare your rice per packet instructions.
2. Fry the Fry’s chicken style strips from frozen in a little oil until they get colouring.
3. While that is cooking, make the sauce:
3. Heat a wok on a high heat and dry fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
4. Add the soy sauce, water, sesame seeds and maple syrup. Reduce on the heat and stir occasionally until it thickens
5. Add a little cornstartch or flour and whisk in as needed to thicken.
6. Finally, add the chicken style strips once the sauce is thick and sticky. Stir to coat.
7. While the sauce is reducing:
- Fry up your greens until crunchy.
- Plate up to serve and garnish with some slices of spring onion.