SEVEN COLOUR QUINOA SALAD
Plantbased Queen, Jane Nshuti, cooks consciously and whips up this colourful, tasty salad.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic and herb
- Salt taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup chopped mixed peppers
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Allow it to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- In a mini trifle bowl, layer out two tbsp of cooled quinoa,followed by beans, tomatoes, pepper, corn, coriander , and the vinaigrette. Top with the lemon slices.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.